CPA Fraud Detection Service
Medical practice employee fraud detection services
Do you have a medical practice that is at high risk of fraud?
- Do you have an office manager than runs payroll without supervision?
- Are you in control of the checks that are written?
- Are all the pay functions done by one person in your office?
- Do you open all the mail yourself?
- Call A CPA Now 404-662-3318
- Free consultation
Have a CPA run a proprietary data mining review
to help identify patterns of fraud
Call a CPA Today for Free consultation
how does our fraud detection and analysis software detect fraud?
- Benford’s law to detect patterns of inappropriate disbursements
- Searches Quickbooks or other bookkeeping software audit trail reports for unusual actions such as voids and deletions.
- Identify multiple payments for the same amount on the same day
- Reviews payroll runs for payments in excess of salary or hourly rate
- Find payments issued on non-business days
- Calculations of statistical parameters to identify outliers that could indicate fraud
- Test for duplicate payments
- Review accounts payable vendor files for similar names
- Check for fictitious vendors
- Compare vendor and payroll addresses
- Z-Score and relative size factor test
Fraud facts from the Association of Certified Fraud examiners:
- Data monitoring and surprise audits are correlated with some of the largest reductions in fraud loss but only 37% of all organizations employ these controls.
- The median loss of a business with less than 100 employees is $200,000. Small business has fewer resources to detect and find fraud.
- Lack of controls accounts for 42% of frauds at small businesses.
- Check and payment fraud is 300% more likely is a small business compared to a large business.
|Analysis||Single Doctor||2-4 Doctors||5-9 Doctors||10+ Doctors|
Non-business day transactions
Relative size factor
Quickbook audit trail
|Additional Service||Single Doctor||2-4 Doctors||5-9 Doctors||10+ Doctors|
|Audit trail review of Payroll service||$400||$750||$900||$1,200
|Credit card statement review||$500||$938||$1,125||$1,500|
|Employee survey regarding knowledge of fraud||$100||$100||$100||$100|